Art and Piece x Frog King: Artwork "Breathing Frog Fun"
Mixed media on canvas
635 x 950mm
Signed ‘外星郭氏’ on recto
About the Artwork
Coherent with the creative identity of Frog King, the art piece features the Five Elements: paper as Wood, ink as Water, while Fire is applied by heating up an awl to puncture the paper. The Elements work together to present an opposing yet balanced effect. The burn marks at the edges of the paper grace the work with a charming touch of innocence and naturality.
By putting together his smaller artworks of different eras, including his own portrait, the artist has created a big artwork that is as plenteous and abundant as the 5G era. He names the artwork “Breathing Frog Fun” as no other words can better illustrate the energy and dynamic of this masterpiece.
About the Artist
One of Hong Kong's most iconic and dynamic conceptual artists, Frog King (a.k.a Kwok Mang-ho) graduated from the Grantham College of Education in 1970, and took training in ink painting and calligraphy with master Lui Shou Kwan, the leader of the New Ink Paining Movement. Frog King is one of the earliest Chinese contemporary artists to explore the use of ink painting as a conceptual tool, incorporating it as both action and material into multiple-media installations and performances. By playing with fire and frogs, and revolutionizing the traditional rules, Frog King has revealed his works as “Happening Art” and attracted both local and international recognition.
At the age of 73, Frog King is still active and enthusiastic in creating art, with creating “nine million pieces of artworks” as his life goal. The same artist that once sold his artworks for US$1 each on the street of New York sold two paintings at the recent Art Basel Hong Kong for HK$370,000. He jokes, “I paint it, I frame it, and I get to sell it at 200,000 dollars. I dip toilet paper into ink and it is auctioned for even more. It sometimes awes me that people are really paying for these things! I just sit here and paint money while this absurdity keeps abreast of the times.”
*The artwork will be exhibited at the first anniversary of "Art & Pieces" and "A Piece of Memories" at the Gallery by the Harbour in Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui from September 30 to October 24, 2021. The artwork will be shipped to buyers afterwards.
Terms and Conditions
1) Each secondary sales of the NFT requires a royalty of 19% in total (for the artist and their agent);
2) Each NFT transaction requires 6% NFT gas fee;
3) Buyers cannot reproduce artworks in any form for commercial activities;
4) You agree that you are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to your transactions on the ARTS LIBERTY LIMITED Platform. Neither ARTS LIBERTY LIMITED nor any other ARTS LIBERTY LIMITED Party is responsible for determining the taxes that may apply to your transactions;
5) All other terms and conditions apply.
《美紙》x 蛙王: 作品《會呼吸的蛙玩》
635 x 950mm
今年73歲的蛙王，仍舊24小時營運中，「九百萬件作品」系列也未見盡頭。曾經在紐約街頭把畫作標價1美元，前陣子在Art Basel Hong Kong以37萬港元售出兩幅畫。他曾豪言：「我一張畫，裱起，拍個20萬；把廁紙沾進墨裡，又拍個幾十萬，居然真的有人會付錢！我可以坐在這裡不斷畫銀紙，而這種荒謬是與時並進的。」
1) NFT 的每次二次銷售需要 付一共19%的費用給原創者及其經紀人；
2) 每筆NFT交易需要6%的NFT gas fee；
4) 您同意，您全權負責確定適用於您在 ARTS LIBERTY LIMITED 平台上的交易的稅費（如有）。 ARTS LIBERTY LIMITED 或任何其他 ARTS LIBERTY LIMITED 方均不負責確定可能適用於您的交易的稅費；